As a project manager it is sometimes natural to be the organizer of all events, professional and personal. For the past 3 years I’ve been volunteering my time to organizations planning small – large scale events such as galas, conventions, membership appreciation parties, fundraisers, brunch events, themed events, dances, and more!
VP of Special Events
- Plan the development and execution of all signature events: Includes budget, site selection, online registration, all print materials, attendee communications, activities, theming/decoration, entertainment, banqueting, audio visual, content supervision, speaker selection etc.
- Effectively, consistently, and seamlessly delivering innovative events that add to the success of the organization.
- Sourcing, negotiating and managing contracts and vendors: venues, transportation, audiovisual, entertainment.
- Budget development and management.
- Working with event hosts to determine invitees and process, generate invitee lists and manage status reporting to the organization as required.